Entries are invited to the 2015 NSW ROWING CHAMPIONSHIPS
Date: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 13, 14 and 15 February, 2015
Venue: Sydney International Regatta Centre
Championship Events $25 per seat (excluding coxswains)
Non Championship events $20.00 per seat (school events No 13, 14, 15, 16, 26, 27)
Entries will be open on Friday 9th January and should be made online through Rowing Manager.
Entries Close: 5.00 pm on Monday, 9th February, 2015
Regatta Specific Information: click here
Order of Events: click here
Application Forms: Trailer Parking, Training, Tent Sites, Ice Coolers - click here.
- The regatta will be conducted under the Rules and Laws of Boat Racing of Rowing NSW.
- The regatta will commence at 1.00 pm on Friday, 13 February with heats and semi finals of Events CWU19 1x, CMU19 1x, CWU21 1x, CMU21 1x, CWU231x, CMU23 1x, CWE 1x, CME 1x, CWU21L 1x, CMU21L 1x, CWU23L 1x, CMU23L 1x, CWEL 1x, CMEL 1x, CWE 2-, CMW 2-, CMEL 2-.
- The RNSW progression system will provide for a greater number of competitors to contest the final.
- The RNSW marshalling procedure will be applied to every race.
- Lightweights for the purpose of the 2015 NSW Rowing Championships shall be classified as follows:
Refer Lightweight Limits
- The maximum weight limit for U21 & U23 lightweight single scullers will be the FISA average weight plus 5%; 73.5kg for men & 59.9kg for women.
- The maximum weight limit for single scullers in Events 21. CWEL 1x & 22. CMEL 1x NOT seeking National Team Selection will be the FISA maximum weight which is 72.5 kg for men and 59 kg for Women. Those seeking selection who have nominated for the Senior A National Team are required by RA to be on FISA AVERAGE weight; 70.0kg for men & 57.0kg for women.
- The maximum weight limit for sweep rowers in Event 23. CMEL 2- NOT seeking National Team Selection will be the FISA maximum weight which is 72.5 kg with no crew average to apply. Those seeking selection who have nominated for the Senior A National Team are required by RA to be on FISA AVERAGE weight as a combination 70.0kg; ie normal FISA rules.
- The maximum weight limit for all other lightweight events will be FISA average weight plus 5%; 73.5kg for men, & 59.9kg for women with no crew average to apply.
Late entries will be accepted providing there is an available lane.
Late entries will close at 2.00 pm on Wednesday, 11th February and should be made via Rowing Manager, using the late entry system.
Heat Management Plan for SIRC
Recognising that Sydney International Regatta Centre (SIRC) is particularly susceptible to high (and sometimes extreme) temperatures during the summer racing season, Rowing New South Wales has established a Heat Management Plan to facilitate rowing competition at SIRC. The Heat Management Plan provides a framework under which RNSW and its regatta managers can take measures (inlcuding the suspension, cancellation or rescheduling of events, and the imposition of restrictions on competition), if they believe that temperatures on the day warrant such measures.
Please refer to the Risk section on the Documents and Policies page for further information.
The Designer Paintworks Regatta Shop will once again be attending 2015 NSW Rowing Championships. For a preview of the latest regatta designs for this years State Championships and other regattas throughout the 2014/15 season click here. If you can't find what you are after, give The Designer Paintworks Regatta Shop a call or send the an email and they'll help you out.
p: 02 8116 9777
f: 02 8732 1618